Our maintenance has been completed successfully!
We feel that Tunnelr is in a much better, safer and more reliable state than it was before.
During this maintenance, we worked on the following things:
- Made the database failover story more robust
- Upgraded all of our backend database servers
- Upgraded a slew of other backend services
- Performed a heavy node sweep and cleanup
In regards to (new and old) exit nodes:
- NYC was replaced - you should see *much* better connectivity
- LA was replaced with a node in San Francisco
- And.. we have introduced a brand new node in Singapore
SSH Users: Please note that the SSH keys have changed for the NYC node; likewise, the old LA node is now pointing to the SFO node and thus its keys have also changed.
The following fingerprints are safe:
NYC: 2048 df:d2:48:51:cd:49:c5:b7:aa:05:a3:d7:1f:90:fd:26 (RSA)
SFO/LA: 2048 95:23:16:3f:76:60:33:4f:45:3f:ba:8f:cb:ae:f1:05 (RSA)
Lastly, if you use IP's instead of hostnames in your VPN configuration (and use the LA or NYC node) - you will have to update your configuration to use the new IP's for the nodes.
- nyc.tunnelr.com: 18.104.22.168
- sfo.tunnelr.com: 22.214.171.124
- singapore.tunnelr.com: 126.96.36.199
Please let us know if you experience any issues and thanks for hanging in there while we resolved the authentication issues earlier this week!